Melovin Vino, J. Hicks Vineyards and Chef Joshua Russo proudly present our first collaborative event…
Red, White & Food!
Three Americans living in Germany with a passion for fine wine and food would like to invite you to join us for an evening of sampling elegant red wines from esteemed Spanish wineries, exclusively distributed by Melanie Bristol of Melovin Vino and unique white German wines produced by J. Hicks, the only American wine producer in the wine region Rheingau, along with Chef Joshua Russo, private chef for a US Air Force General… to experience fine wines at historical Egert’s Mill in the renown wine village of Kiedrich!
We’ll be presenting a sparkling Cava wine, 3 Spanish red wines and 3 German white wines along with a 6 course meal! This event is limited to 30 guests, so book as soon as possible.
When?? Saturday, November 24th at 19:00 until ??
The Venue!! Egert’s Mill, located in a quiet, romantic setting in Kiedrich, Germany. Ample parking with a bed & breakfast; listed and recommended in the famous German hotel and restaurant guide “Der Feinschmecker” (www.egertsmuehle.de)
Price: Only € 50 per person – Includes a sparkling Cava wine, 3 red Spanish wines, 3 German wines & 6 course menu with German & Spanish flair. Payment due by 19 Nov 2012 to secure your seat!!! This does not include accommodation.
Contact and Booking!! Jay Hicks – Tel: +49 151 628 27592 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org He’ll be more than happy to assist you and answer any questions and tell ya how to get there Or Melanie Bristol- Tel: +49 171 197 4261 Email: Melanie.email@example.com
Melanie Bristol of Melovin Vino is an independently Spanish wine business owner and distributor throughout Germany; who has traveled throughout Spain to various Bodegas to find those Spanish gems. She will be presenting the following exclusive Spanish wines (www.melovin-vino.com) 1. “Millesime Rose Brut Reserva” 2007, Requena Spain (dry Rose) – This Cava has 100% Garnacha grape and has also won the gold medal in 2012 from Concours Mondial Bruxelles. A delightfully pale rose in colour with clean, zesty aromas with 24 months ageing. Fruits of the forest notes combined with toffee of the yeast. Always a favorite at my wine events for a nice bubbly starter!
2. “Melovin Calduva” 2009, La Rioja Spain (dry red) – This wine is 100% Tempranillo and is Spain’s signature red grape, from over 15 year old vines, 4 months in American Oak. Bodegas Aldonia process is done all by hand to ensure the best quality of grapes. Rich in ripe fruits and fine tannins with a great balance & lingering finish, pure and fresh.
3. “Ars Nova” 2005, Navarra Spain (dry red) – Blended wine with Tempranillo, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot. Fermented in Stainless steel vats then Concrete vats for min 20 months and transferred to French oak for 7 months. Red cherry colour with violet tints, called a mountain wine. Complex in the nose and palate, black & red wild fruit, blackberries, blueberries, liquorice, chocolate, thyme and mint. Good notes of French oak, coffee and toasted hints; very expressive on palate, thick, elegant and a long finish.
4. “Tabula” 2008, Ribera del Duero Spain (dry red) Premium Wine- 100% Tempranillo, over 60 year old vines and aged for 18 months in French oak. Although this is a young winery of 10 years; the wines are already internationally on everyone’s lips. Prestigious awards in the international press attest to the excellence of Tabula reds. Robert Parker, Wine Spectator, Decanter, and Jancis Robinson – they all rave about the noble, vivid, intense Tabula red wines from Ribera del Duero. Deep dense, black-cherry color; ripe red berry fruit together with roasted coffee beans, cocoa and balsamic notes. This is powerful on the palate with intense flavor and good balance of soft tannins with a lingering finish.
Jay Hicks of J. Hicks & Family vineyards will be presenting his unique German white wines from his esteemed Rauenthal vineyards. He is debuting his first season and all wines are produced solely by hand and is the only American wine producer in the Rheingau wine region (www.winery-hicks.com) 1. “Maximilian” 2011 Rauenthal Wülfen Kabinett Trocken (dry) – Maximilian has intense, complex flavours with nuances of citrus fruits papaya and melon and fresh apricot. It has a somewhat fuller body, but still perfectly suitable to drink with or without food and absolutely great for everyday or special occasions with a harmonious balance between the alcohol, sugar and acidity.
2. “Secundo” 2011 Rauenthaler Steinmächer Riesling Kabinett Feinherb (Half-Sweet) – Secundo has a body and structure with a lot of finesse and contains traits of pear and apricot flavours with a specially nice, spicy finish which comes from the minerals found in the “Steinmächer” domain soil. Additionally, this spicy finish accentuates flavours that balance the crispiness of this Riesling.
3. “Tertius” 2011 Rauenthal Wülfen Riesling Spätlese Mild (Sweet) – Limited to a run of 1000 bottles and crafted as a traditional mild Rheingau Spätlese, the 2011 “Tertius” has an excellent light golden colour and aromas enhanced by attributes of ripe, fresh fruits such as pineapple and pear with hints of mango and melon touched with a fresh, lively texture.
Joshua Russo, a self professed food geek and cook, has been cooking for himself and friends since the age of 12. Recently he has turned his love and passion of food and cooking from a hobby into a career. He is a private chef in the Air Force for the 3rd Air Force commander and is responsible for all his meals and social functions. He has cooked for foreign dignitaries and US military leaders alike. His food, which is inspired by his family and his love of travel, is innovative and rustic.
Appetizer- Roasted Pear, Blue Cheese, and Agave syrup crostini
First Course- Shaved Asparagus, Fennel and Arugula salad w/ lemon and shallot vinaigrette
Second Course- Trio of pan seared scallops w fried spinach and parmesan crisp in a saffron broth
Third Course- Escarole soup with pork meatballs and French bread crisp
Fourth Course- Braised short ribs w an artichoke and sun dried tomato risotto and glazed baby carrots
Fifth Course- Dessert, Vanilla gelato w raspberries and a Hazelnut and cherry biscotti
Sixth Course- Delicious selection of hard and soft cheeses to finish the evening
Accomodation: For guests desiring to stay in the area after the event, ample hotels are in the area and we have arranged convenient and affordable taxi arrangements. See the list below…
Egerts Mill Bed & Breakfast –Wald Strasse 26 65399 Kiedrich Tel: +49 6123 2910
ParkHotel Sonnenberg – Friedrich strasse 65 65343 Eltville Tel: +49 6123 60 550
Hotel Kleine Villa Rose – Altstadt Eltville Tel: +49 6123 999 4590